Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Avatar' star Sam Worthington is taking a career break
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 05:41 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The 35-year-old actor has made 10 films in four years and is now ready to take some time out to enjoy his success.
He said: "I haven't taken a break in four years. It's been a nomadic existence. Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labour for a little bit - but I don't think I'll be gone for long."
The 'Avatar' star says it took a "s**tload" of hard work to reach this point in his career and admits he wasted a lot of his 20s.
He said: “It took a s**tload of hard work. It wasn’t as if I woke up one day and was doing movies.
"[I spent years] p**sing money up against the wall. I had to figure out who I was by myself.
"They say that in your 20s you're trying to work out the man that you want to be, and in your 30s you discover who he is. And warped and all, beer gut and all, brain damage and all, you just kind of go, 'Well, this is it, and I might as well try to polish it a tiny bit.'
"I looked in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. So I sold the mirror.
While trekking through the mountains in Australia, Sam received a call about appearing in 'Avatar' and credits starring in James Cameron's blockbuster movie for giving him a clear direction for his career, admitting he often spent 18 hours a day, six days a week on set.
He told the new issue of Men's Health magazine: "It didn't matter if I'd been drinking all night; I'd still be there at 6am. But that doesn't work now, and it certainly didn't work on 'Avatar'."
Sam Worthington says the training regime for 'Clash of the Titans 2' has left him feeling like a "tank".
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...