Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Arnold Schwarzenegger told estranged wife Maria Shriver he's going to start a relationship with a "20-year-old honey"
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
According to Newsweek magazine, Schwarzenegger told his neighbour: "I think things will work out OK with Maria, but if they don't, I'm getting me a 20-year-old honey."
The 'Expendables 2' star is said to have told his wife of 25 years to leave their Californian mansion, which forced her to live in a hotel while Arnold remained in the property, and when she asked for a divorce he insisted that he would be the one who still has friends when they separate.
He said: "I have the money, the power, and the plane, and I will have the friends."
According to the publication, the 'Expendables 2' star "could not understand" why Maria - who has four children with the actor - didn't forgive him.
The piece states: "Arnold is a very different kind of person [to Maria]. Anything that posed emotional pain or difficulty, he was out of there.
"He could not understand why Maria could not just forgive and get on with things, and when Maria said she needed a trial separation and told Arnold to move out, family and friends say that he refused. It was his house, and he wasn't budging..."