Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Arnold Schwarzenegger taking split from wife Maria Shriver 'one day at a time'
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 10:31 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
Speaking at the 63rd Israel Independence Day Celebration in Los Angeles last night, he said: “We both love each other very much. And we're taking it one day at a time. The bottom line is we want to thank all the people for their great, great support.
"I just spoke to Maria an hour ago before I came here. We both were saying the same thing – we're extremely blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people, by so many wonderful friends."
Arnold – who raises four children, Katherine, 21, Christina, 19, Patrick, 17, and Christopher, 13, with Maria – also thanked the former couple’s family and friends for the support they have given them in the wake of the break-up.
He added: "We're very fortunate to have four extraordinary children. I want to take a moment and thank our many friends and family for the tremendous amount of support and love that you have given us in the last 24 hours."
The couple released a joint statement saying they were going through a "time of great personal and professional transition”, and had mutually agreed to separate.
The couple's son Patrick has since taken to his twitter page to discuss the separation, but is hopeful his parents will work through their problems.
He tweeted: "Appreciate all your messages. Small speed bump I'n life, luckily we own hummers, we will cruise right over it. All will be okay. #peace (sic)"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...