Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Arnold Schwarzenegger compares Mel Gibson's mess to BP Oil Spill
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 09:23 AM
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger joked at a conference on Wednesday that the situation "Braveheart" star Mel Gibson has gotten himself into is as messy as the BP Oil Spill.
Joking Schwarzenegger said that although the country is beginning to contain the leaking oil well, "no one has figured out how to contain Mel Gibson”.
Schwarzenegger went further by asking the delegates at a utility commissioners conference in Sacramento, CA, to turn off their cell phones because "we are expecting a call from him (Gibson)”.
Schwarzenegger's comments were met with laughter.
Gibson has been back in the media lately for a not so friendly phone call to his former girlfriend was made public.
Oksana Grigorieva, mother of Gibson's child, is now alleging that the actor hit her during a row when she was holding their baby daughter in January.
A photograph of her with two damaged veneers, said to have been taken shortly after the incident, has been published by the celebrity website Radar.
Sources close to Gibson have denied he physically assaulted Miss Grigorieva, a Russian pianist and singer.
Gibson, 54, and Miss Grigorieva, 40, have been locked in a bitter custody dispute over their infant daughter for several weeks.
A spokesman for Gibson, Alan Nierob, said he was happy to hear Schwarzenegger was maintaining a sense of humour.
"He's obviously paving the way for a return to showbiz,” he added.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...