Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Argo' director Ben Affleck enjoys his success more now that he's older
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 08:46 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
He told E! News at the National Board of Review Awards in New York on Monday: "I think I'm at the point now where I just got older. I've got a little grey hair. You develop a perspective. I've been doing this a long time--I've been doing this since I was a kid...I learned a lot of bad lessons and ran into a lot of bad ends, and finally I just got to a point in my life where I thought, 'I'm just going to do what I want to do and express myself as a director and an actor' and hope for the best, but not worry too much about what other people say."
The father-of-three - who shares three children, Violet, seven, Seraphina, three, and Samuel, 10 months, with his actress wife Jennifer Garner, also claims his children aren't aware that their parents will be attending glitzy award shows over the next few weeks because they "are a little young".
He said: "They know, like, the idea that we're going on a date, but they don't know that we're doing a show where they give awards out and that kind of thing."
The actor also revealed he is looking forward to his wife accompanying him on the red carpet.