Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway would "stare" at her friend's baby bump during 'Les Miserables' shoot to cheer up
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The 30-year-old actress shed 25 pounds for the role of prostitute Fatine in the musical movie and found herself wanting to see her pregnant friend to cheer her up during the "hard" process of being away from her husband Adam Shulman and being on a diet.
She revealed: "Making the film was so hard. I was hungry and I couldn't see my husband. One of my old school friends, who now lives in London, was pregnant, so I would go see her when I had time off and just stare at her bump to make me happy again.
"We use to sing backstage all of the time. It took my mind off being hungry."
Although Anne put herself through hardship for the film she found herself "weeping" when watching the final piece - praising her co-stars Hugh Jackman and Eddie Redmayne's singing voices.
She added to heat magazine: "I watched it and I absolutely wept. The first time I started to cry was during Hugh Jackman's first song. He hits this big note, the camera pans up and the music kicks in and I wept buckets.
"My make-up was everywhere. Amazing. There was this moment where I was like, 'Wait, is Eddie [Redmayne] singing? It's just so beautiful."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...