Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway will never relinquish her underdog status
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 08:04 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Oscar winner Anne Hathaway|
Asked backstage at the Dolby Digital Theater in Los Angeles whether she was going to stop describing herself as the "underdog", she said: "Officially, never! I'm an actor, man. I mean, this is spectacular, but if you want to get realistic with it and thank you very much for bringing me back down to earth. You're always looking for the next job.
"You always think at the end of one, 'It doesn't matter what's happened before, no one's going to hire me again.' So, I do feel this evening the respect of my peers, and I am going to ride that wave for as long as I can, but I do also have a practical approach to acting, which is got to work, got to work, got to work."
The svelte star, who cut off her long hair and lost 25 pounds in three weeks for her role as prostitute Fantine in Tom Hooper's big screen version of 'Les Miserables', also revealed she is very critical of her acclaimed rendition of 'I Dreamed A Dream' and can only hear the flat notes when she watches it back.
Anne admitted: "I'm impressed by the work around me. I'm impressed by my make-up. I'm impressed by my costume.
"I'm impressed by the haircut and the set and the score and the song, but no, all I can hear is all of the notes that I didn't quite hit. But maybe I'll get over it someday."
The actress, who also won in the same category at the BAFTAs, Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards, performed songs from the musical live at the ceremony alongside the rest of the cast including Hugh Jackman and Amanda Seyfried.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...