Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway says the pressure of playing Catwoman in "Dark Knight Rises" made her feel sick
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 at 09:18 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
She told The Sun: "I didn't realise I was the first -- and I feel a little nauseous. That's a lot of pressure."
Anne had little idea of the physical demands of her Catwoman performance, which will highlight her own kick-boxing and mixed martial arts skills.
She said: "I'd always thought I was pretty healthy and I always thought I had worked hard in the gym.
"It turns out that what I thought was hard, in Catwoman's world is actually light to moderate.
She added: "So I've had to ratchet everything up. But I have the most incredible stuntwoman in the world and she's got me and the character to another level. I do all sorts of kicks. I do a roundhouse kick, and I think it's all mixed martial arts. And I've been doing it in heels!"
The intense pressure of looking good for the role was increased because the film uses special IMAX cameras which produce images of extraordinary clarity and vividness.