Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway is to show off her vocal skills by singing songs from "Cabaret"
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
The 'Love and Other Drugs' actress is to perform for one night only at New York's The Public Theater to celebrate the revitalization of the iconic venue.
A spokesperson from The Public have announced that the brunette beauty will sing several of the musical's songs, including 'Willkommen', 'Maybe This Time', 'Perfectly Marvelous' and the classic 'Cabaret'.
This won't be the first time that Anne, 29, has put her voice to the test as she can be seen singing in the upcoming film adaptation of 'Les Miserables' playing Fantine.
Her co-star in the film Eddie Redmayne - who plays young rebel-in-love as Marius Pontmercy - praised Anne's performance during shooting, recently saying: "When I saw the trailer with Anne singing with this extraordinary fragility, that song I thought I knew pretty well ... suddenly, I listened to the lyrics for the first time, afresh."
Anne's one-night only performance of 'Cabaret' songs takes place on October 24.