Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway is reportedly on a 500 calorie diet for “Les Miserables”
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
Anne Hathaway has apparently had to slash her daily food intake in a bid to drop two dress sizes in time for her death scenes in the movie adaptation of ‘Les Miserables.'
The ‘Devil Wears Prada’ star – who plays single mother and prostitute Fantine – is said to be surviving on just two apples a day and a protein shake.
A source said: “Anne is playing a destitute factory worker-come-lady of the night. Unfortunately, she only has 15 to 20 days to lose as much weight as possible – up to a stone-and-a-half (21lbs) – because she’s been filming the scenes showing her fit and healthy, almost slightly chubby.
“It’s not ideal but, as with any high-budget movie, there are strict time constraints.”
Top ten terrifying horror movies to recently come out of Ireland - VIDEOS
Paul McCartney warns One Direction they are not the next Beatles
However, the insider insists producers of the movie – which also stars Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe – will be keeping a close eye on the 29-year-old actress' health.The source told the Daily Mirror: “Anne knows the risk of such an extreme diet and will undergo weekly medicals to make sure everything is still functioning as it should do.”