Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway has "wasted time" being self-destructive
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 08:17 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
She said: "Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think. We've all done things we shouldn't.
"It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things.
"I found out you can only dance on so many table tops. I got all that out of my system and I am healthy and grounded."
In 2008, Anne's ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri was arrested and subsequently jailed for fraud and the 29-year-old beauty - who is now engaged to actor Adam Schulman - says the experience taught her to maintain a sense of humour when dealing with adversity.
'The Dark Knight Rises' star added in an interview with The Sun newspaper: "I try to keep my personal life low-key, particularly after what happened to me. As I say, I do need to keep a sense of humor...
"You need to hold on to that sense of humour. I've been in so many embarrassing situations over the years."