Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway has "wasted time" being self-destructive
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 08:17 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
She said: "Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think. We've all done things we shouldn't.
"It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things.
"I found out you can only dance on so many table tops. I got all that out of my system and I am healthy and grounded."
In 2008, Anne's ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri was arrested and subsequently jailed for fraud and the 29-year-old beauty - who is now engaged to actor Adam Schulman - says the experience taught her to maintain a sense of humour when dealing with adversity.
'The Dark Knight Rises' star added in an interview with The Sun newspaper: "I try to keep my personal life low-key, particularly after what happened to me. As I say, I do need to keep a sense of humor...
"You need to hold on to that sense of humour. I've been in so many embarrassing situations over the years."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...