Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway has warned Seth MacFarlane not to trust people if they tell him his Oscar hosting rehearsals are going well
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2012 at 04:26 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
She told Entertainment Weekly: “I’ve never seen [the whole thing]. But I felt like I made a rookie mistake.
“Everybody was just being very positive around me, so nobody was giving me any notes. I watched a clip [afterward] and as soon as I saw it, I saw my mistake. It made me really angry with myself that I didn’t watch any tapes of rehearsal before I went on – because it was such an easy fix.”
However, Anne admitted her ill-fated hosting stint wasn’t her most painful Oscars memory.
Speaking about her appearance at the show in 2009 when she was a best-actress nominee for ‘Rachel Getting Married’, she said: “I was rolling 10-deep in Hathaways that night and while trying to get everyone from one car to another and hurry them along – it’s a long story – I actually stepped into the tailpipe of the limo I was riding in, and got a third-degree burn,” she says. “So the next morning, I woke up in pain – but not on the inside.
“And so when I hosted, it wasn’t my first Oscar-night scar.”