Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway has warned Seth MacFarlane not to trust people if they tell him his Oscar hosting rehearsals are going well
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2012 at 04:26 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
She told Entertainment Weekly: “I’ve never seen [the whole thing]. But I felt like I made a rookie mistake.
“Everybody was just being very positive around me, so nobody was giving me any notes. I watched a clip [afterward] and as soon as I saw it, I saw my mistake. It made me really angry with myself that I didn’t watch any tapes of rehearsal before I went on – because it was such an easy fix.”
However, Anne admitted her ill-fated hosting stint wasn’t her most painful Oscars memory.
Speaking about her appearance at the show in 2009 when she was a best-actress nominee for ‘Rachel Getting Married’, she said: “I was rolling 10-deep in Hathaways that night and while trying to get everyone from one car to another and hurry them along – it’s a long story – I actually stepped into the tailpipe of the limo I was riding in, and got a third-degree burn,” she says. “So the next morning, I woke up in pain – but not on the inside.
“And so when I hosted, it wasn’t my first Oscar-night scar.”