Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway changed 'certain layers' of her 'One Day' character to 'communicate the story more effectively'
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 10:50 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
She told TV show 'BBC Breakfast': "We had to change some things about Emma, not huge things, but there were certain things about Emma that you get to know and there were certain layers to Emma in the book that were very difficult to make clear in the movie so we had to change it in order to communicate the story more effectively."
Anne – who stars alongside Jim Sturgess in the romance – also talked about the challenges of portraying Emma's ageing in the film, and how it is not as stark change as people might expect.
She added: "It was a definite challenge to figure out how to communicate aging without doing it dramatically, because people don't age dramatically, it's actually a slow thing then you wake up one day and you're older.
'One Day' star Anne Hathaway likes having her “heart ripped out” by romantic movies
Anne Hathaway is 'convinced' some of her ex-boyfriends are secretly gay
Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman Costume revealed
"And you know you are and you don't know quite how you got there, so I thought if I do my job well people will arrive with Emma at the end of the film and not quite know when the changes happen but when you look back and she's at the end versus who she is at the beginning you'll see a definite growth."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...