Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess bonded over card games on the set of 'One Day'
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess bonded over card games while shooting 'One Day.'
The two stars play lead characters Emma and Dexter in the Lone Scherfig-directed adaptation of David Nicholls' book, and to create the chemistry their roles required they spent a lot of time together on set playing games and listening to music to get to know each other.
Jim told BANG Showbiz: "The chemistry is sort of in the words and in the screenplay. Dexter and Emma have great chemistry so we just kind of act that! We were lucky me and Anne got on so well. We were really blessed to develop a friendship of our own when we went through the filming experience. But we never really talked about it, like, 'How are we going to get this chemistry?'
"We played a lot of cards. We listened to music. We were stuck in a make-up chair for such a long period of time and we just played each other songs, just sort of hung out. The card games? It's a swear word! S**t Head. You know that game? Good, I'm not mad. We played that a lot."
Anne believes the best way to get good chemistry with a co-star is to let it happen naturally and relax in each other's company.
She added: "I find the more pressure you put on chemistry, the worse it is going to be. The thing about chemistry, it's about people not feeling self conscious around each other so, I think if you sit down and do bullet points, it is kind of pointless. We just kind of relaxed."
Anne Hathaway changed 'certain layers' of her 'One Day' character to 'communicate the story more effectively'
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...