Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman threw a private engagement bash in New York
Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 at 09:33 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman|
Anne and Adam - who started dating in 2008 following Anne's split from Raffaello Follieri after he pled guilty to 14 counts of money laundering, conspiracy and wire fraud - announced their engagement in November and Anne explained he "ruined" her plans to stay single.
She said: "We hit if off immediately but it took us a pretty long time to get together. He thought that I had a boyfriend and I thought that he had a girlfriend, so I thought that I'd better keep my distance because I didn't want to be that girl.
"I am very much in love with him, [only] Adam totally ruined my plan. I was really actually looking forward to a little alone time, and then I fell in love like a fool!"
Anne - who had previously been against the idea of getting married - revealed she changed her mind about the institution after witnessing her best friend walk down the aisle.
She said: "I was at my best friend's wedding, and I watched this person who I love like a sister, and who has changed my life and continues to change my life for the better, who I feel as close to as I do my family, commit herself to a man who she loves, and I watched how happy it made her.
"I mean, she looked like she was riding a bubble the whole night. I thought, 'Weddings are important because they celebrate life and possibility.' "
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...