Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
American Idol judge Mariah Carey thinks motherhood is a ‘blessing’
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 08:40 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
She gushed: "Every moment is incredible and a blessing. I was performing in Sydney and I brought them out on stage because I want them to have these experiences. Some might disagree with that, but I know Monroe especially was going to love it. She didn't want to get off the stage.
"[Motherhood's] an amazing thing I never thought I'd experience because I always said I don't think I'd do it because my career was always my life, but when you find the right person."
The 42-year-old star find juggling her parenting duties with her 'American Idol' judging role a challenge, but admits it's far easier than the hectic months when she's in the studio working on new music.
She told Britain's OK! magazine: "It's super difficult. It's really exhausting, but this isn't the most exhausting part. The best part is when everything runs smoothly and you come to work, do your job and go home like more of a normal person than someone who's in a studio for 18 hours, which would be me."