Amanda Bynes' psychiatric hold has been extended for two weeks
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|Amanda Bynes is being held for her own best intersts|
Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment Blog
The troubled actress' parents Rick and Lynn have managed to convince a judge that it is in her best interests to remain in hospital for another two weeks, while they try and secure a conservatorship placing them in charge of Amanda's legal and personal affairs.
TMZ is reporting a judge presided over the hearing at the California-based hospital, where doctors argued they needed more time to properly diagnose Amanda, who is thought to be suffering from schizophrenia.
The 27-year-old star was originally supposed to be released after being placed under a 72-hour hold on Monday following her arrest for lighting a small fire on an elderly stranger's driveway near her parents house in Thousand Oaks, California.
Witnesses say the star was carrying a gas canister and accidentally doused her Pomeranian puppy with gasoline during the incident, as well as setting fire to her own trouser leg.
Rick and Lynn are heading to the Ventura County Superior Courthouse in Oxnard for a private hearing, during which they need to prove Amanda is a danger to herself and to others in order to become her temporary conservators.
A source recently said: "Amanda's parents are truly afraid their daughter will die if the conservatorship isn't granted."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...