Amanda Bynes' psychiatric hold has been extended
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The troubled actress' parents Rick and Lynn have managed to convince a judge that it is in her best interests to remain in hospital for another two weeks, while they try and secure a conservatorship placing them in charge of Amanda's legal and personal affairs.
TMZ is reporting a judge presided over the hearing at the California-based hospital last night (25.07.13), where doctors argued they needed more time to properly diagnose Amanda, who is thought to be suffering from schizophrenia.
The 27-year-old star was originally supposed to be released on Friday after being placed under a 72-hour hold on Monday following her arrest for lighting a small fire on an elderly stranger's driveway near her parents house in Thousand Oaks, California.
Witnesses say the star was carrying a gas canister and accidentally doused her Pomeranian puppy with gasoline during the incident, as well as setting fire to her own trouser leg.
Rick and Lynn are heading to the Ventura County Superior Courthouse in Oxnard for a private hearing, during which they need to prove Amanda is a danger to herself and to others in order to become her temporary conservators.
A source recently said: "Amanda's parents are truly afraid their daughter will die if the conservatorship isn't granted."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...