Amanda Bynes escapes charges for setting a fire outside an elderly woman's home
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The 27-year-old actress - who is currently undergoing a mental evaluation after being involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric hospital in Los Angeles on Monday, shortly after she was arrested for lighting a fire in the stranger's driveway - will not be prosecuted for trespassing, arson or any other criminal offense.
Law enforcement sources told gossip website TMZ.com that they believe the actress's actions were rooted in mental illness and prosecutors view her conduct as non-criminal.
The police officers who arrested the 'Easy A' star on Monday immediately decided that she need professional help instead of a punishment and secured a 5150 hold.
It was previously reported that Amanda's medical team are planning to ask for the order to be extended for two weeks so that they can properly diagnose her, amid speculation she is displaying signs of schizophrenia.
The 'Hairspray' star was charged with attempted evidence tampering, reckless endangerment and marijuana possession after being arrested at her apartment in New York City on May 23, is due to appear in court again on September 26 in connection with the incident.
Be the first to make a comment.
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...