Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Alec Baldwin’s 16-year-old daughter Ireland says famous “pig” voicemail was no big deal
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 at 10:16 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Alec Baldwin and Ireland |
(Photo: NY Post)
The '30 Rock' actor infamously left a message berating Ireland, 11 at the time, and her mother - his ex-wife Kim Basinger - when he couldn't get hold of them, which was subsequently leaked to the internet, but while most people were shocked, she now laughs about the incident.
Ireland, now 16, told Page Six Magazine: "The only problem with that voice mail was that people made it out to be a way bigger deal than it was.
"He's said stuff like that before just because he's frustrated. For me it was like, 'OK, whatever.' I called him back and I was like, 'Sorry Dad, I didn't have my phone. That was it.'
"We almost did something funny on YouTube, of me calling him and yelling at him. We were just talking about it the other week."
Ireland also said she has started to forge a great relationship with Hilaria, her 28-year-old stepmother, who wed Alec, 54, in June.
She added: "Hilaria and I are really close. She's like a big sister to me, but I feel like I haven't spent enough time with her yet. We have a lot more to learn about each other and we have a lot more experiences to have together.
"We joke around and I call her 'Mom.' But I respect her, it's not like setting up booby traps in her room."
Ireland also said she is being home schooled in Los Angeles, where she lives with her mother, so she can spend time with her father and his new wife in New York.