Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Alec Baldwin, Brooke Shields and Kelly Ripa have helped raise $100,000 for Hurricane Sandy victims
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 08:35 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Ripa bikes for Soul Relief Rides|
Kelly said: "The Sandy relief fundraiser was important to me because two weeks later there are people in Staten Island, Far Rockaway and Long Beach who still do not have power, water and basic essentials.
"I love to exercise, therefore if my workout benefits the Mayor's Fund, it's a win-win!"
Celebrities are flocking to join in the hurricane relief efforts, most notably Madonna, who staged a cheeky fundraiser by showing her bottom to a crowd in New York and raising $60,000.
Lady Gaga has also been a generous benefactor, donating $1 million of her fortune via the American Red Cross for the Superstorm Sandy fund.
She announced: "Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us. Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours."
The likes of Brad Pitt, Ben Stiller, Snooki, Russell Crowe, Barbara Walters, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen and Chelsea Handler have also all chipped in to boost relief efforts.