Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Actress Rashida Jones asks John Travolta to come out of the closet as rumors continue he's gay
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
Her writing partner and former boyfriend Will McCormack told website SpinningPlatters.com: "There needs to be, like, a professional athlete that comes out."
Rashida, 36, added: "And a movie star! It's time...Like John Travolta? Come out! Come on. How many masseurs have to come forward? Let's do this."
The 58-year-old married dad has been at the center of a sex scandal after a series of masseurs alleged he sexually assaulted them.
There were also rumours that he allegedly had a six-year affair with his male pilot.
Now Rashida says the actor should follow in the footsteps of newsman Anderson Cooper and Frank Ocean and "come out."
After praising them for taking the big step, she said: "But big stars need to come out. Ricky Martin was huge. That was big; I was really happy about that."
John has consistently denied stories that he is gay or has embarked on gay affairs. If he does "come out" Rashida wants him to do it while he is alive rather than have it revealed after his death.
She said: "People are so precious about their careers."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...