Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
A Canadian actress accused of stalking Alec Baldwin insists she had a 'legitimate reason' for contacting the actor
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Genevieve Sabourin and Alec Baldwin|
Genevieve Sabourin appeared in court in New York for a hearing relating to aggravated harassment and stalking charges and despite a judge ordering a protection order banning her from having any contact with the actor be extended for two months, she insisted she thinks the "misunderstanding" will soon be resolved.
The 40-year-old actress - who has been accused of allegedly turning up to the '30 Rock' star's home, approaching him at an event he hosted and sending him a series of emails demanding they marry and have children - said: "I'm confident with my lawyer we are going to solve this misunderstanding."
Her attorney Maurice Sercarz added: "My client didn't harass anyone or stalk anyone. As you can see, she's young and attractive and a very talented actress involved in the film industry for a very long time and that's her side of the story.
"I'm not here to cast aspersions on Mr. Baldwin. There was a legitimate purpose. The facts will emerge in due time and there is much more to the story."
Alec - who is engaged to yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas - first met Sabourin on the set of 2002 movie 'The Adventures of Pluto Nash', in which he had an uncredited cameo.
He admits to having had dinner with her in 2010 to offer some career advice but claims he then received "a series of annoying and unsolicited communications" from her that continued until she was taken into custody last month.
Sabourin must return to court on July 14.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...