Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Pamela Anderson will portray the Virgin Mary in 'A Russell Peters Christmas Special’
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 09:17 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The former ‘Baywatch’ actress – who has posed for adult publication Playboy several times and famously starred in a sex tape with then-husband Tommy Lee – will star in a re-imagining of the Nativity story on Canadian network CTV and The Comedy Network’s ‘A Russell Peters Christmas Special’.
In the festive sketch, Australian funnyman Russell will portray Joseph.
A statement from CTV said: "Peters puts his own irreverent twist on the Christmas special."
The show, which will broadcast at the beginning of next month, will feature a mix of animation, stand up and sketch comedy and musical performances.
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral here
Bradley Cooper named the Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine
US tourist says she captured image of Jesus on Cliffs of Moher
Other guests who will appear in the 60-minute programme include crooner Michael Buble, ‘The Love Boat’ star Ted Lange and comedian Job Lovitz.
Over the last two years Pamela has spent the festive season taking a starring role in British pantomimes - a type of comedy musical theatre show traditionally shown around Christmas time –and has admitted she loves appearing in the festive productions,
She has said: "My agent came to me and just said, 'This is something you probably don't want to do but how about pantomime?'
"He explained it was a kind of theatre and I thought it would be fun. He told me that it was funny and light-hearted and I thought it would be perfect because it's funny that I'm on stage at all!
"I have two homes in Malibu and I just love pouring my heart out in pantomime. I feel that this is where I should be headed, more so than wearing bikinis."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...