Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Oliver wants Queen Elizabeth to appear with Jon Stewart on 'The Daily Show'
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 09:23 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
Writing in GQ's June Comedy issue, on newsstands now, he explained: “I promise you I will do everything in my power to get Her Majesty the queen as a guest. If I can't get her, I will try to get Helen Mirren dressed as the queen. If that doesn't work, I'll get Senator Mitch McConnell and have him dressed as either the queen or Helen Mirren. If any one of those works out, I guarantee you will see the most awkward, borderline treasonous, yet memorable interview in the history of television.”
John also joked he plans to have all of his guests take an oath of allegiance to the British flag during his stint as host.
He said: “Each show will begin with a pledge of allegiance to the Union Jack. This is non-negotiable, and I think it'll help with the guest-booking.
“I'm looking forward to this summer. It's going to be one of the strangest experiences of my life, and I hope you'll share it with me. Think of it this way: It's still going to be everything you love about 'The Daily Show', just without the thing that you love most about it.”
For more, visit www.gq.com.
See more: Irish Celebrity Gossip , Irish Entertainment Blog
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...