‘Grey’s Anatomy’ star Patrick Dempsey says his children make him cry
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The 47-year-old actor admitted he is an emotional guy and his children - Tallulah Fyfe, 11, and six-year-old twins Sullivan and Darby - with wife Jillian Fink often move him to tears.
He told People magazine: "I'm moved to tears quite a bit, I'm a big crier. Sometimes your kids say something and it's so amazing with insight. Their wisdom, whether they realise it or not, there's something so beautiful in it."
'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick is also a keen racing driver and cyclist and even gave up sex and shaved his legs to help him achieve his goal of riding 100 miles.
He explained: "Yes, leg shaving has done wonders for my riding; now that I'm celibate it's easier to focus on my training plans. Seriously, I want to ride a century; that's my goal. My longest ride so far is 75 miles."
Patrick - whose hunky 'Grey's Anatomy' character Dr. Derek Shepherd is nicknamed McDreamy - credits cycling for helping him cope with stardom.
He added: "Psychologically, getting back on the bike really helped me. It was hard to weather the success of 'Grey's', but I found I could go for a ride and get centred.
"Cycling also taught me a lot about managing discomfort. When you leave your comfort zone, you learn how to manage your emotions and to stay focused."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...