Steve Kazee and "Once" score Tony triumps - VIDEOS
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 07:07 AM
- Review: Learning to live with the past - “That’s That” by Colin Broderick
- New York Irish Craic Fest is back for benefit night - Film festival brings Mundy, Julie Feeny and more
- Silent night in the country - Conor McPherson’s “The Weir” at the Irish Rep
- In twilight years and refusing to go quietly - 'These Halcyon Days' at The Irish Arts Center - VIDEO
- A look at books: Ireland’s growing cadre of first rate thrillers and personal essays of home
Kazee, 36, who gives his all to his portrait of a wounded young Dubliner with a song in his heart, lost his mother at Easter whilst the show was still in preparation. Lat night Kazee remembered her in an emotional tribute that brought supporters to their feet.
In his acceptance speech he quoted Arthur O'Shaughnessy, the poet of Irish descent, saying : 'We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.'
For Kazee and for the cast and crew of Once, those dreams came true last night.