Tip Sheetby Cahir O'Doherty
- In twilight years and refusing to go quietly - 'These Halcyon Days' at The Irish Arts Center - VIDEO
- A look at books: Ireland’s growing cadre of first rate thrillers and personal essays of home
- There’s something about Mary - controversial play 'The Testament of Mary' wins Tony nod before closing early
- Review - “The Testament of Mary” and “The Nance” welcome Broadway additions
- A look at books - the Magdalene Laundries, Reverend Ian Paisley and the Irish Diaspora
Steve McQueen's 'Shame' proved much too adult for the easily startled judges of the Academy Awards this year, but there's no question he's become the most sought after leading man in the world.
The Academy's decision to overlook his work was a widely lamented travesty, but an expected one, considering their track record on mature themes and nominations.
Male nudity has always been a bridge too far for the sensitive types who compile the nominations but thankfully Fassbender's not concerned. In fact he recently had a laugh at all the fuss his latest film caused in some quarters.