Tip Sheetby Cahir O'Doherty
- Making the leap from radio to stage, Beckett’s “All That Fall” is a delight
- Peter Quinn's new book 'Dry Bones' asks hard questions
- Eamon Morrisey’s “Maeve’s House” not too open
- The birth of a nation at the Rep, “Juno and the Peacock”
- Simple Minds, the other great Celtic band, play New York this week (VIDEOS)
Steve McQueen's 'Shame' proved much too adult for the easily startled judges of the Academy Awards this year, but there's no question he's become the most sought after leading man in the world.
The Academy's decision to overlook his work was a widely lamented travesty, but an expected one, considering their track record on mature themes and nominations.
Male nudity has always been a bridge too far for the sensitive types who compile the nominations but thankfully Fassbender's not concerned. In fact he recently had a laugh at all the fuss his latest film caused in some quarters.