The Matchmaker by Maureen Tara Nelson
How do I ask my girlfriend about her past experiences without being insulting?
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 06:10 AM
- Long term partner wants marriage but I want split - How do I leave an abusive relationship?
- Finding a man, online or otherwise, who truly has God in his life
- Overbearing family members causing problems in relationships - keep your nose out of our business
- I’m ready for marriage but my new girlfriend keeps nagging me about my gambling habit
- After ten years shouldn't we be caring for each other and taking our relationship to the next level?
|How to broach the question without calling her a slut!|
Recently I began dating a woman and I am concerned that she has far more experience than I do.
Although I am not judgmental the number of previous partners is somewhat important to me. How do I go about asking her to go into more detail about her past without being insulting?
I really like this woman but I am intimidated by her past. Am I making a big deal out of nothing? And should someone's history even be a factor in a relationship that is going well?
Do you really want to know this information? I think if you take a moment to think about it you probably won't want to know how many lovers your girlfriend has had. I do not think her history should be a factor in your relationship as long as you really like her.
It sounds like you're a little insecure with your own past with women. Again, that should not be a factor for your girlfriend as well.
As long as you are happy my best advice is to view this relationship as the being the first for both of you. Instead of looking in the past start fresh with this relationship and only look forward. Best of luck to you. I hope she's "the one."
PLEASE CONTINUE TO EMAIL IN YOUR QUESTIONS TO MTN AT firstname.lastname@example.org