The Matchmakerby Maureen Tara Nelson
- I’m ready for marriage but my new girlfriend keeps nagging me about my gambling habit
- After ten years shouldn't we be caring for each other and taking our relationship to the next level?
- Juggling bad health news and a new relationship, is it to early on to share too much?
- Dealing with tricky business situations and finding the right way to discover that very special someone
- What should I do about my boyfriend's porn addiction? Nothing wrong with a little risque viewing?
I really need your help. I was engaged many moons ago to a great guy. I was too young at the time to realize how great of a guy he was and got last minute wedding jitters and cheated on him. I felt so guilty since I loved him so much and I thought he would forgive me, so I told him, instead he broke off the wedding. We hadn't talked in twenty years. I am in an unhappy marriage to someone I was on rebound with from this guy, and I found my ex fiance on Facebook last summer.
We are getting very close and I've never felt happier in my life. I apologized for cheating on him and he finally forgave me. I told him last week I am still in love with him. Even though he has been married for almost twenty years, he told me privately that his wife is very cold and the love has been gone for many years. He has four kids and said he needs to stay married for the sake of his kids. He told me if it weren't for the kids, he would have gotten divorced years ago.
Now that I have that information what should I do with it? I love him, always have, and now know he's not in love with his wife. I am also in a loveless marriage. I know he says he needs to stay with his wife for his kids, but if we are both unhappily married and are both still in love with each other, shouldn't we try everything to make it work? My belief is that life is too short. I really want to ask him to leave his wife, but I'm afraid I might lose him if I make any demands on him. What do you think I should do with this new important information that could change my entire life for the better?
Thank you for your help.