The Matchmakerby Maureen Tara Nelson
- After ten years shouldn't we be caring for each other and taking our relationship to the next level?
- Juggling bad health news and a new relationship, is it to early on to share too much?
- Dealing with tricky business situations and finding the right way to discover that very special someone
- What should I do about my boyfriend's porn addiction? Nothing wrong with a little risque viewing?
- Dipping your pen in the company ink - getting involved with your boss romantically
I have been with my boyfriend for seven years and everything is great except whenever I bring up marriage he gets weird to the point that I do not bring it up anymore. How long is too long to wait for a proposal? My parents love him and I love his parents. The only thing I can think might be holding him back is that I'm Catholic and he is not religious at all. He knows I want a church wedding, and I know he doesn't want a mass. He would need to take some classes in order for us to have a mass in a Catholic church. My three sisters all got married in the church with a mass, so it is really important to my family.
Do you think this is the problem, or do you think there is something else wrong that he does not want to marry me?
Every single year around the holidays my girlfriend and I argue about how to split our time between our families. I feel because I am the guy that I always get the short end of the stick. I would not mind going to my girlfriend’s parent's house if they were more welcoming to me. My girlfriend does not seem to understand that I work very hard all year and on the holidays I would like to be surrounded by loved ones instead of awkwardly ignored by her family.
. If you are interested in hearing more about this process and wish to make your complimentary appointment call 516-444-2861, or 1-888-31-match(62824). We have offices in Manhattan and Long Island. Mention this article and receive a fantastic holiday discount.