Health Matters by Dr Charles Fiscella
Trust me, I'm a Republican - what will Mitt Romney's healthcare plan be?
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM
- Snoring can be serious - apart from disrupting sleep, noisy sleepers could be in need of medical attention
- Dangers now associated with stop smoking ads - woman lands herself in prison just to break the habit
- Give Cleveland cops a break over Ariel Castro horrific kidnapping and abuse case
- Coenzyme Q10 increases cellular energy, the basis life’s energy - supplement gives boost to body's cells growth and maintenance
- Not all fats are bad for you - the health benefits of eating polyunsaturated and omega fatty acids
|What's Mitt Romney going to do for healthcare|
The strategy of Republicans this election cycle, especially in the presidential race, appears to be trust me I’m a Republican.
Well, I for one am more than a bit leery. There simply is no meat on the bone. Granted, Obama has been deficient in many ways. But is it really enough to say I’m not Obama, I have business experience - trust me - I’m a Republican?
In politics I have learned to trust no one. It’s the dirtiest business in the nation. But I am open to listening to some new ideas and giving even a flawed candidate (nearly all are) a chance.
So exactly what is the Republican (i.e. Romney) plan for providing affordable healthcare to all Americans? What is the plan to create new good paying jobs? What is the new foreign policy going to be?
I haven’t a clue. That’s the problem. I don’t know what the Republican plan is. I don’t think there really is any plan other than to defeat Obama.
That to me is simply not enough.
I suppose as the campaign heats up this fall, some defining will surface. It has to. Yet even then, the devil is in the details and we can all rest assured that the details will be far and few between.See more: Irish GOP