Health Matters by Dr Charles Fiscella
Scientists say asparagus can cure hangovers - amino acids and minerals neutralize toxins
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 05:24 AM
- Increase body strength and muscle mass with resistance exercises
- Is it time to throw out the concept of a royal family?
- Drink more water for a healthier life, it's essential for human existence
- Please tell the Fox there's more to the news than Obamacare
- Are carbohydrates and cancer possibly linked?
|Knock out your hangover with asparagus|
Scientists now say that a common vegetable can help cure a hangover, and may at the same time offer protection to the liver.
The report, published in the last issue of the Journal of Food Science, says that asparagus contains important amino acids and minerals which are effective in neutralizing toxins that occur when a person drinks too much alcohol.
"Cellular toxicities were significantly alleviated in response to treatment with the extracts of asparagus leaves and shoots. These results provide evidence of how the biological functions of asparagus can help alleviate alcohol hangover and protect liver cells," says B.Y. Kim the lead scientist in the study.
The research was conducted at the Institute of Medical Science and Jeju National University in South Korea.
See more: Irish Health , Irish Emigrant , Irish Science News