Green Cardby Debbie McGoldrick
- A ten year old green card, where do my family and I stand?
- Advice on the fast approaching 2015 U.S. visa lottery
- Sponsoring offspring to come to the United States, the V visa
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services warns of phone scam
- How can I reclaim my expired Green Card that I received as a child?
Posted by Debbie McGoldrick at 3/16/2009 3:17 PM EDT
"I was given a Morrison visa green card approximately 14 years ago and worked in the U.S. for three to four years, but returned to Ireland before the final year for personal reasons.
A couple of years later I was going back to the U.S. for a wedding and was stopped at Shannon and told I had a choice to sign a form and surrender my green card and continue to the wedding or not travel at all. I chose the former.
That was eight years ago. Since then I have been in and out of America on holidays and business meetings.