Green Cardby Debbie McGoldrick
- Extending your stay with a 90 day holiday waiver - is it possible?
- Renewing my Irish child’s US passport without getting her American Dad involved
- Having divorced my American wife can I get my new Irish girlfriend a visa?
- I-94 arrival and departure cards in United States will soon be obsolete
- Can I reclaim an old Green Card and move back to the US?
“I received a Morrison green card in 1993. I stayed in the U.S. for six years and also became a citizen during that time, as did my husband. We had a daughter born in New York, and had a child after we returned home.
“Now we are thinking of returning to the U.S. because my husband lost his job here and I am also unemployed. We are worried about the status of our youngest daughter born here. Someone told me that because my husband and I are citizens that she is also a citizen, but that doesn’t seem right to me. How will we be able to get her to the U.S. legally?”
The information you received about your youngest child being a U.S. citizen at birth is correct, believe it or not.