Green Cardby Debbie McGoldrick
- A ten year old green card, where do my family and I stand?
- Advice on the fast approaching 2015 U.S. visa lottery
- Sponsoring offspring to come to the United States, the V visa
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services warns of phone scam
- How can I reclaim my expired Green Card that I received as a child?
“I received a Morrison green card in 1993. I stayed in the U.S. for six years and also became a citizen during that time, as did my husband. We had a daughter born in New York, and had a child after we returned home.
“Now we are thinking of returning to the U.S. because my husband lost his job here and I am also unemployed. We are worried about the status of our youngest daughter born here. Someone told me that because my husband and I are citizens that she is also a citizen, but that doesn’t seem right to me. How will we be able to get her to the U.S. legally?”
The information you received about your youngest child being a U.S. citizen at birth is correct, believe it or not.