Green Cardby Debbie McGoldrick
- Extending your stay with a 90 day holiday waiver - is it possible?
- Renewing my Irish child’s US passport without getting her American Dad involved
- Having divorced my American wife can I get my new Irish girlfriend a visa?
- I-94 arrival and departure cards in United States will soon be obsolete
- Can I reclaim an old Green Card and move back to the US?
So basically, more than 7,500 E-3s are untaken each year. If an E-3 Irish visa comes to pass, it’s a sure bet that the quota will be used.
It used to be true that nurses had an easier path to legal status here – actually, easier isn’t the correct word to use, but rather, there used to be a dedicated visa category, the H-1C, devoted solely for nurses.
The H-1C category was created in 1999 as part of an act called the Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act. The category was designed specifically to address the shortage of nurses in designated disadvantaged areas throughout the U.S., including inner cities and some rural locations.