Green Cardby Debbie McGoldrick
- A ten year old green card, where do my family and I stand?
- Advice on the fast approaching 2015 U.S. visa lottery
- Sponsoring offspring to come to the United States, the V visa
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services warns of phone scam
- How can I reclaim my expired Green Card that I received as a child?
So basically, more than 7,500 E-3s are untaken each year. If an E-3 Irish visa comes to pass, it’s a sure bet that the quota will be used.
It used to be true that nurses had an easier path to legal status here – actually, easier isn’t the correct word to use, but rather, there used to be a dedicated visa category, the H-1C, devoted solely for nurses.
The H-1C category was created in 1999 as part of an act called the Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act. The category was designed specifically to address the shortage of nurses in designated disadvantaged areas throughout the U.S., including inner cities and some rural locations.