Green Cardby Debbie McGoldrick
- Extending your stay with a 90 day holiday waiver - is it possible?
- Renewing my Irish child’s US passport without getting her American Dad involved
- Having divorced my American wife can I get my new Irish girlfriend a visa?
- I-94 arrival and departure cards in United States will soon be obsolete
- Can I reclaim an old Green Card and move back to the US?
Here are the first 50. Next week’s issue will contain the remaining 50.
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. What does the Constitution do?
3. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
4. What is an amendment?
5. What do we call the first 10 amendments to the Constitution
6. What is the one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
7. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
8. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
9. What are the two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
10. What is freedom of religion?
11. What is the economic system in the U.S.?
12. What is the “rule of law”?
13. Name one branch or part of government.
14. What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
15. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
16. Who makes federal laws?
17. What are the two parts of the U.S Congress?
18. How many U.S. senators are there?
19. We elect a U.S. senator for how many years?
20. Who is one of your state’s U.S. senators now?
21. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
22. We elect a U.S. representative for how many years?
23. Name your U.S. representative.
24. Who does a U.S. senator represent?
25. Why do some states have more representative than other states?
26. We elect a president for how many years?
27. In what month do we vote for president?
28. What is the name of the current U.S. president?
29. What is the name of the current U.S. vice president?
30. If the president can no longer serve, who becomes president?
31. If the president and vice president can no longer serve, who becomes president?
32. Who is the commander in chief of the military?
33. Who signs bills to become laws?
34. Who vetoes bills?
35. What does the president’s cabinet do?
36. What are two cabinet level positions?
37. What does the judicial branch do?
38. What is the highest court in the U.S.?
39. How many justices are there on the Supreme Court?
40. Who is the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court now?
41. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the federal government. What is one power of the federal government?
42. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?
43. Who is the governor of your state now?
44. What is the capital of your state?
45. What are the two major political parties in the U.S.?
46. What is the political party of the president now?
47. What is the name of the speaker of the House of Representatives now?
48. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.
49. What is one responsibility that is only for U.S. citizens?
50. Name one right only for U.S. citizens.