- Dublin’s Aviva Stadium has been sold out since March and could have been sold twice over. These tickets were among the hottest ever for a game.
- Over 35,000 Americans are travelling to Dublin for the game. This is the biggest ever movement of Americans into Ireland.
- The Notre Dame v Navy game is worth $100 million to the Irish economy.
- The 2nd September will be the busiest day ever in the history of Dublin airport.
- The Welcome Home/Pep Rally at the O2 Arena has sold out. It will be screened live on RTE Irish national television. All proceeds will go to Dublin charities with whom Notre Dame students volunteer.
- CBS Sports will telecast the game live in the United States, and ESPN America will broadcast the game in 63 countries.
- There will be a huge array of events taking place around the game including four academic conferences, a public outdoor Mass at Dublin Castle, a pilgrimage to Croagh Patrick, the Temple Bar Tailgate, and more.
- Notre Dame are bringing a 200 strong Marching Band, 10 cheerleaders, and the 50-person Notre Dame Folk Choir.
What you should know about Notre Dame University, Indiana, before the big game:
- Notre Dame routinely ranked among the top 20 US universities [out of 4,000].
- It has 8,000 undergrads, 3,000 post-graduate and professional students.
- It is ranked fourth in the American “dream colleges” list.
- 80% of students live in residence halls on campus.
- 80% of students volunteer during their time on campus.
- 85% of undergrad alumni donate.
- Notre Dame sends over 50% of its students overseas - among the leaders in American universities.
- The university has over 40 international programmes - of which Dublin is consistently the most popular and the most difficult to gain entry into.
The Irish accent voted sexiest in the world