Trap gives Robbie’s loan move to Aston Villa his full blessing
Ireland boss wants to see his captain in regular action
Giovanni Trapattoni will back Robbie Keane’s loan move from the LA Galaxy to Aston Villa – and encourage his Euro 2012 bound stars to play as much football as possible between now and the summer.
The Irish boss has been contacted by Keane about his proposed two month stint at Aston Villa during the MLS close season.
Keane has changed his mind and decided first team football is better than training with Spurs as he bids to maintain his fitness ahead of the MLS return at the end of February.
Anxious to stay in top shape ahead of the European Championships in Poland, Keane could make his Villa debut against Everton next weekend with Trap’s blessing.
“Giovanni wants all his players to play as much first team football as they can get between now and the summer, Robbie included,” said a source close to the Irish boss.
Take this popular but wacky Irish citizenship test
“Robbie consulted Giovanni about the move to America last August and he has been in touch with him about a return to the Premier League as well.
“The manager will tell Robbie what he has told the other players – play football. There are a number of players, like Sean St Ledger and Paul McShane, who need regular football now and it is their interests to move on loan.”
St Ledger, wanted by Ipswich, and McShane, wanted by Crystal Palace, could complete loan moves like Keane this week.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas