Top ten facts about the New England Patriot’s Quarterback Tom Brady
Irish Central reveals more behind the legendary quarterback ahead of Super Bowl
There is little that is not known about the New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. We are all familiar with the rags to riches story of the young man selected as the 199th pick by New England in the 2000 draft who went on to become one of if not the most decorated player in the NFL today.
Even your grandmother knows this gamer is married to one of the most beautiful women on the planet in Brazilian supermodel Giselle Bundchen and will be playing for his third career Superbowl victory Sunday against the New York Giants.
Here are some more interesting tidbits about terrific Tom.
1. He was a huge San Francisco 49ers fan growing up in San Mateo, California. His family were season ticket holders for over 20 years. Brady was present at the classic 1981 NFC Championship game where his favorite player, Joe Montana, threw a late game winning throw to receiver Dallas Clark in a legendary play simply known as “The Catch”.
2. Brady was a star high school baseball player and was drafted by the Montreal Expos in 1995 in the 18th round as a catcher.
3. The Patriot was blessed by Pope John II in 2004.
4 He is a great golfer. He regularly shoots in the 70s and has single digit handicap. He parlayed these skills into a guest starring role on Entourage as a participant in a celebrity golf tournament who was shunned by the character “Turtle”, a big Giants fan.
5. At the University of Michigan, Brady found himself 7th on the quarterback depth chart and considered transferring to Cal. To deal with his frustration Brady met with a Sports Psychologist.
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady talks up his Irish roots as the NFL hits London
Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen’s $20 million mansion in Hollywood completed - PHOTO
6. Brady’s son John Edward Thomas has Brady’s first and last names (in reverse order)John and Thomas.
7. He donated his second Super Bowl MVP prize, a Cadillac, to his alma mater Junipero Serra High School that brought in over $375,000 for the school.
8. Named one of People Magazines most beautiful people (2002)
9. In 2005 Brady Hosted Saturday Night Live
10. The QB is ranked third most powerful athlete in Bloomberg 100 ratings. He is endorsed by UGG, Under Armour, and Stetson Cologne.
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- Computer giant Apple avoiding $25 billion...
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed...
- Guinness summit? Obama and Putin to enjoy...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- The top 100 Irish last names explained