Tom Brady promises Robert Kraft a better performance in the Super Bowl
Brady staying focused for February 5th
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is rightly getting focused for his big Super Bowl match up next weekend against Eli Manning and the New York Giants in Indianapolis. The Patriots secured their place in the big game after beating the Ravens and winning the AFC Championship, despite Brady having his reported “worst game” of the season.
Writing for the Boston Herald, Ian J Rappoport said that Patriots owner Robert Kraft shared what Brady promised him after his underwhelming performance.
“Here is what (Brady) said to me,” owner Robert Kraft said after the AFC Championship game. “‘I promise you I’m going to play a lot better in two weeks.’ ”
In reply, Kraft still maintained that he would rather have Brady than any other quarterback.
Even Brady said himself that he “sucked” during the game against the Baltimore Ravens.
“I’m always trying to play better,” said Brady. “Every player on this team is trying to play better every week. I’m glad we’re sitting in this position now, and a lot of guys played really well. That’s what it’s going to take again this week.”
In regards to the upcoming Super Bowl XLVI, Brady said, “There is certainly pressure on me, there is pressure on the coaches and the players. We’re expected to do our job at a very high level.”
He then added that he and his team plan on taking on the Super Bowl as they would any other game - like a football game - and try not to get distracted.
Tom Brady and the New England Patriots will be taking the New York Giants on February 5th for Super Bowl XLVI. The two teams met just four years ago when the Giants won Super Bowl XLII, ending the Patriots’ run at an unprecedented perfect season.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...