Sports Digest GAA: Cavan shocks with victory over Armagh
Cavan 1-15 Armagh 1-11
“Roscommon will be very competitive and we have a lot of stuff to work on and we are looking forward to getting some lads back and really pushing forward.”
Mayo boss James Horan defended his forwards after they scored 4-16 to Galway’s 0-11 in Salthill.
Horan said, “I keep saying this, the championship, what we scored in it last year and again what we scored today, we’ve guys out there playing up front who are as good as anyone in the country.”
Fit again Dillon added, “It is a media-driven perception that is out there that we don’t punish teams as well as we should.
“We have some great footballers there, and a lot of our finishing has improved and in the league we racked up some big scores against quality opposition.
“We have a squad that can compete with anyone in the country and we will keep working at it.”
Shefflin to Miss Match
HENRY Shefflin has confirmed that he will miss Kilkenny’s Leinster SHC clash with Offaly in Tullamore next month, the first championship game he will have missed since his debut in 1999. Michael Fennelly is also an injury worry after he damaged ankle ligaments on club duty . . .
LEITRIM have withdrawn from the Lory Meagher Cup after opting not to undertake an expensive trip to play Warwickshire in England last weekend . . .
CARLOW were full value for a 10 point win over London in the Leinster Senior Championship on Saturday when Laois shocked a fancied Antrim side . . .
AIDAN Cassidy is a big doubt for Tyrone ahead of Sunday’s sold out Ulster SFC clash with Donegal in Ballybofey . . .
KILDARE midfielder Dermot Earley has announced his retirement from inter-county football . . .
EAMONN O’Hara has confirmed his retirement from the Sligo county squad after 19 years . . .
FORMER GAA president Paddy Buggy has died at the age of 84.
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm