Roy Keane misses out again on Nottingham Forest return as manager
Blackburn also unlikely to pursue interest in former Irish captain
Roy Keane has been overlooked by Nottingham Forest again – and is set to miss out on a return to management with Blackburn Rovers.
Keane was linked with the job at his old club Forest after they sacked Sean O’Driscoll just hours after the 4-2 win over Leeds, a game Keane attended on Wednesday.
But Forest’s Kuwaiti owners have opted to give the job to former Aston Villa, Birmingham and Rangers boss Alex McLeish.
And Blackburn, who ignored Keane in their search for a manager three months ago, now want former Irish coach Kevin MacDonald to replace Henning Berg.
In an ironic twist, MacDonald could add Steve Staunton to his coaching team if he is appointed to the Ewood Park hotseat.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.