Rory McIlroy refuses to beat himself up after missing $10 million jackpot
Second prize worth over $3million in FedEx rankings
Rory McIlroy landed a $3million consolation prize after coming up short in Atlanta on Sunday.
The Irishman finished second to America’s Brandt Snedeker in the FedEx title race.
Snedeker won the Tour Championship and the $10million bonus for topping the FedEx rankings on a dramatic Sunday.
A wildcard for the US Ryder Cup team at Medinah this week, Snedeker picked up a whopping $11.5million for his weekend.
But McIlroy, who finished second in the FedEx rankings, was far from despondent ahead of Europe’s bid to retain the Ryder Cup.
He said: “I have to stay positive. It’s been a great year and I’ve had three wins starting at the PGA Championship.
“I knew if I won this week I won the whole thing, but Brandt knew the same thing and he did what he needed to do. He played fantastic out there.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...