Rory McIlroy is teaching Caroline Wozniacki how to make a Grand Slam breakthrough
Rory’s US Open win can inspire Caroline in Australia
Tennis superstar Caroline Wozniacki has claimed boyfriend Rory McIlroy will guide her to Grand Slam glory this year.
The Danish World Number One is making steady progress at the Australian Open as she seeks a first Slam win.
Speaking after Wednesday’s 6-1 7-6 win over Georgia’s Anna Tatishvili, Wozniacki revealed that she has received some useful tips from US Open champion McIlroy who won his first Major just weeks after suffering a final-round meltdown at the Masters.
“You can’t really do anything about the past,” Wozniacki said in Australia.
“You just need to look forward. You have a tournament now, and you want to do the best you can. That’s it. Then if it goes well, it’s great. If not, you have the next one.
“Rory’s golf is like my tennis, it’s important not to dwell too much in the past.”
Wozniacki is now taking golf lessons from McIlroy as well but says the two sports are very different.
She added: “I think it’s more mental than tennis. You do one wrong movement and the ball goes in the trees or somewhere and it’s difficult.”
“When I start playing, it goes right, left, up and down, I get so frustrated.”
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Enda Kenny visits Boston marathon bombing...