Red Sox owner says there’s no quick fix for Liverpool FC
Red-Sox and now Liverpool main owner said it will be next summer before there is an improvement to the first-team squad who have not been so hot this year.
John W Henry said “The club has gone through a very difficult period and the period has not ended."
“Blaming the manager or any one particular player is simply wrong. This club needs to play up to their potential every match.”
The New England Sports Venture (NESV) completed a €350 million takeover last month but has yet to show any improvements in the premiership club.
Liverpool lost 2-0 this past weekend to Stoke City and have come under fire again from fans.
Henry said the team will be looking at transfer targets for January and that Hodgson is busy watching players from other clubs in preparation.
Damien Comolli, recently appointed as Liverpool’s inaugural director of football strategy, shared the same views as Henry.
“As I’ve just joined, we’ve got only a few weeks to prepare for the window but we are also looking at the summer transfer window. That’s what I would call short-term but then long-term we are already looking at things like the pre-season tour for next season.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...