Receding hopes that Aidan O’Brien’s unbeaten colt Kingsbarn will raced at the Investec Derby at Epsom
O’Brien said Kingsbarn is “probably not going to make it there" in reference to the Ivestec Derby
Premier Classic favorite Kingsbarn will likely miss the Investec Derby at Epsom on June 1, 2013 according to trainer Aidan O’Brien.
The horse suffered a setback from a foot infection in March and O’Brien explain that, "We are struggling and he's not going to be fit to run at Chester or Leopardstown. He's sound now, but he's done so little for so long he's like a sprinter.”
He added that, "It's probably not fair on him, but we'll keep going and see. He's probably not going to make it there. For those races you have to have everything go smoothly. He's 20 kilos up on his racing weight. He's sound and is perfect, it's a pity but we will wait and see."
O’Brien plans to make due with what he’s got and shuffle around other horses for successful trail runs.
He explained that, "The plan is for Battle Of Marengo plan to run in the Derrinstown (at Leopardstown on Sunday). Magician could go for the Dee Stakes (at Chester on Friday) and Ruler Of The World is a possible for the Vase (Chester, Thursday). We might run Imperial Monarch in the Ormonde Stakes (Friday) and Nevis might go to Lingfield on Saturday (Lingfield Derby Trial)."
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.