Preview: University of Southern California Trojans v Notre Dame Fighting Irish
WRs Ronald Johnson (616 yards, 8 TD) and Robert Woods (648 yards, 6 TDs) are two stars for USC. They are also adept at punt and kick off returns.
This is a sore spot to say the least. The Trojans have one of the worst pass defenses in the country (114th) and are not much better on third down. The rush defense is average in surrendering 141.1 yards per contest.
The Trojan defense is led by safety T.J. McDonald, defensive tackle Jurrell Casey, linebacker Malcolm Smith and cornerback Shareece Wright.
The Trojans have very impressive weapons on offense. They are useless however if you can not/do not know how to use them. Its also a problem when the other team just takes them away. The Fighting Irish spread offense will exploit the weak USC passing defense. Plus the Notre Dame defense will continue its dominance against the Trojan back up starter.
It also comes down to motivation. The Fighting Irish know that another win brings the squad to 7-5 and will greatly improve its chances in playing in the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando. USC, due to NCAA violations, have zero bowl aspirations. This will be reflected in their apathetic play.
Notre Dame 37 USC 10
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...