Padraig Harrington drops from top 20 world ranking golfers
The latest world ranking of golfers shows that Padraig Harrington has slipped from the top 20 to 22nd place.
This is the first time in four years he has not been ranked in the top 20. He started the year in fifth place but failed to win since his third major at the U.S. PGA in 2008.
Rory McIlroy is now the only Irish player in the top 10 players with U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell in 14th place. Paul Casey, the BMW runner-up, who was not chosen for Europe's Ryder Cup team came in seventh.
Vice-captain of the European Ryder Cup team, Darren Clarke came in at 98th place.
Martin Kaymer, of Germany, is back up to fifth place following his win at the KLM Open, in the Netherlands. Also, United States, Dustin Johnston has reached a career high at 12th place after his victory at the BMW Championship in Chicago.
Here are the top 20 ranked golfers in the world:
1 Tiger Woods 9.39pts
2 Phil Mickelson 8.81
3 Lee Westwood 8.58
4 Steve Stricker 7.98
5 Martin Kaymer 7.27
6 Jim Furyk 6.60
7 Paul Casey 6.25
8 Rory McIlroy 5.74
9 Luke Donald 5.15
10 Matt Kuchar 5.49
11 Ernie Els 5.49
12 Dustin Johnson 5.03
13 Ian Poulter 4.89
14 Graeme McDowell 4.84
15 Hunter Mahan 4.77
16 Edoardo Molinari 4.71
17 Retief Goosen 4.43
18 Zach Johnson 4.25
19 Anthony Kim 4.23
20 Louis Oosthuizen 4.09
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Top ten worst ever Irish Christmas gifts,...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Address by Nelson Mandela to Joint Houses...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...